Amazing opportunity to work for a solid manufacturing company in the city of Denison, Texas.
This is a direct hire opportunity with great benefits and room for growth.
Looking for a Tool and Die repairman with die cast/injection molding experience for the 2nd shift. 3pm to 11:30pm
Duties and responsibilities:
- (85%) Builds die from complex set of blueprints and builds jigs and fixtures from sketches, part drawings or verbal instructions. Able to design and build needed tooling even without drawings
- (10%) Plans construction procedures and methods, selecting the proper materials.
- (5%) Makes allowances for shrinkage during the heat-treating of tools and metal flow in dies.
- (70%) Repairs molds and dies by identifying and correcting problems. Analyzes and troubleshoots die cast molds and progressive dies, assesses problems and repairs accordingly.
- (20%) Disassembles and reassembles all types of progressive dies and die cast molds for routine maintenance or repairs.
- (5%) Provides support to production area by problem-solving and building tools.
- (5%) Instructs Tool Room Apprentices and Jr. Tool Makers
- Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
* HS diploma or equivalent
* 1-2 yrs machining/manufacturing tech course completion a plus.
* For the Sr. Level must have own tools
* Vast experience required for Sr. Level position
* Able to read complex set of blueprints. Able to recognize and compensate for design flaws while maintaining design intent
* Able to analyze and troubleshoot progressive carbide lamination dies or multi-cavity Die Cast Molds.
* Steps up to lead the team when needed, providing direction to the team when supervisor or Lead is unavailable.
* Must have a complete knowledge of all tool room equipment and procedures.
* Able to operate Drill presses: drilling, reaming, tapping and c/boring.
- Lathes: complex turning operations, angles, tapers, threading, etc.
- Milling machines: complex milling, slotting, rotary table, boring, indexing, speeds and feds, cutter selection, etc.
- Surface grinding: perform complex radius/form grinding, selection of wheels, sine bars, angles and slots, etc.
- precision measuring equipment (micrometers, Vernier’s and comparators)
Able to solve mathematical equations and problems using geometry and trigonometry.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform oxygen/acetylene welding techniques as well as TIG
- Ability to operate CNC and Wire EDM machines is desirable
“Eastridge Workforce Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.”
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org